Project Trail

Project Trail
Running rambles of a Wife, Mum of two girls, Mum to a Moggie and 2 Maine Coon's, owner of Bunny Zoe's Crafts, Runner and strength training enthusiast.

Friday 1 August 2014

Women's Running Photo Shoot

08:30 I left for my journey to Reigate for the Women's Running photo shoot feeling sick with nerves and excitement! Nearly missed the train at London Bridge as too busy messing around sending my girls selfies.   Realised just in time that I should be on platform 10 and not platform 2! Times like this running comes in handy as platform 10 was in a different building!

Arriving in good time I grabbed a cab from Reigate Station to take me to the meeting point at Wray Lane Car Park.  I'll be honest and say I didn't have a clue where we were meeting so was pleasantly surprised when arriving at Reigate Hill and Gatton Park.  The view across the weald was stunning.  Definitely will be going back very soon for a run.


Chris and Anne-Marie were really lovely and made me feel at ease as soon as I met them... It was also great to meet the other 3 winners Caroline, Julie and Laura and hear their running stories/backgrounds. Anne-Marie also told us about her experiences in her most recent Ultra Race.  It was also interesting to hear about the Ultra she organises in Romania.  More details at Ultrabug.co.uk

The shoot was so much fun and we couldn't have asked for better weather. I could seriously feel my cheeks trembling a few times from smiling so much!  Chris also interviewed us individually for the magazine article.... apologies for my rambling Chris.  We also had a short video done for website... ok i'm gonna say I love having my photo taken but I was in pain for the video... It was only approx. 2 minutes... lets just say I would never be able to work in front of a camera!

Anne-Marie took our assessment forms so she can create a personalised training plan to suit our lifestyles and training time.  Anne-Marie will be creating me a flexible programme as I run approx. 4 times each week but due to my husband's shift patten and caring for my girls the days and time of day I run varies from week to week.  She gave us a sprint and hill training programme to get started on.  This is definitely an area I haven't looked at before so looking forward to trying these out.



Was really happy to come home with my prize - fabulous selection of The North Face kit. (I'll post a pic tomorrow). I haven't tried this brand before but found the crew shirt and GTD Capri Tight to be a good fit and very comfortable.  The shirt and Jacket was also in my favourite colour teal.

Now let the training for Endurancelife Suffolk Half Marathon commence!


Women's Running have now tweeted the announcement https://twitter.com/Womensrunninguk and also on their Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment